“After 12 years of representing Belgium at the highest level, I have decided to retire from senior international football,” Fellaini said in a statement on Twitter.
“I feel the time is right for me to step down and allow the next generation of players to continue this very successful period in Belgian football history.
“I have many amazing memories… and I am very proud Belgium is currently number one in the FIFA rankings.”
Fellaini joined Chinese Super League (CSL) side Shandong Luneng in February, ending a five-and-a-half year spell at English Premier League (EPL) side Manchester United.
- Police denies robbery attempt at CBN in Benin
- FG to equip 200,000 youths with digital skill in 2 years
- Alleged illegal marriage: Court orders police to release Sharia court Judge, 5 others
- Bayelsa: APC promises violence-free election
- David-West, highly-principled, morally-upright Nigerian – Tinubu
- Diabetes: Group urges President Buhari to assent bill establishing Dietitian Council of Nigeria
- Hajj: Saudi hotel group woos Nigerian pilgrims
- Nasarawa Assembly moves to rename state poly after Late Emir Agwai
- Reps C’ttee asks FIRS to return N4.6bn to FCT
- University of Abuja appoints new Registrar
- Katsina CJ ‘angry’ with armchair lawyers commenting on legal issues in social media
- Alleged corruption: Judge threatens to strike out suit EFCC case against Diezani
- Minister lauds NASS speedy consideration of 2019 Finance bill
- Alleged N2.1bn fraud: Court grants Dokpesi’s request to travel abroad for medical checkup
- Police methods discourages community collaboration—RULAAC
- Tanzanian president promises to shake off donor dependence syndrome
- Bill to amend Sokoto Assembly Service Commission Law passes 2nd reading
- Again, Kaduna revenue agency seals-off 3 companies over N13.2m tax evasion
- Zamfara Govt. warns herders against destroying farm produce
- NSE market indices rose by 0.54% after Eid-el Malud celebration