Dr Isa Pantami, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, says the Federal Government is committed to integrate ICTs into the socio-economic development in order to transform the country to a knowledge-based economy.
Pantami stated this at the opening of 7th Regular Meeting of the National Council on Communications and Digital Economy in Gombe on Monday.
Pantami, who was represented by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Musa Istifanus, said connectivity, capacity building and inter-agency collaboration were key factors that would bridge the digital divide and enhance technology development across the nation.
“We can only address these new challenges by ensuring that we actively engage with stakeholders.
“The society has realised the gains of ICT and we are committed to utilising these possibilities.
“New policy interventions will be required that address global challenges in areas such as digital economy and local challenges of societal cohesion,” he said.
According to him, new technology capabilities offer new ways to make it achievable.
He, therefore, called on the participants to take advantage of the meeting and come up with solutions to addressing challenges of the present day realities.
In her remarks, Dr Aishatu Maigari, Commissioner Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovations, Gombe state, thanked the minister for choosing Gombe for this year’s meeting.
She gave assurance of the readiness of the state government to take the advantage of ICT for the development of the state.
Mr Gideon Biya, Director ICT, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovations, in the state commended Federal Government for organising the meeting annually.
He said as the results of such meeting held in Bayelsa, Gombe had the privilege of having the ICT directorate in 2016.
Biya noted that the meeting come at a time when ICT was witnessing unprecedented attention by the state government.
Edited & Vetted By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/ Dada Ahmed
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry