The Federal Government has declared Friday, April 10 and Monday 13, as public holidays to mark the 2020 Easter Celebration.
The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, through a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Mrs Georgina Ehuriah, on Monday in Abuja.
Aregbesola urged Christians in the country to emulate the outstanding characteristics of Jesus Christ amongst which were tolerance, love, peace and compassion.
The Minister appealed to all Nigerians to continue to support the efforts of Government towards fighting the Coronavirus Disease.
He reminded Nigerians of the need to adhere strictly to the measures put in place by relevant authorities towards preventing the spread of the virus in the country.
The minister added. particularly, through the observance of social distancing, in addition to regular personal hygiene and sanitary practices.
Aregbesola wished Christians a peaceful Easter celebration.
He assured that the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration would continue to cushion the effects of the pandemic on the lives of Nigerians, ” especially with the palliative measures already put in place.”
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
- Ize-Iyamu submits nomination form ahead of Edo governorship primary
- Reopening of worship centres: Muslims comply with govt. directive
- Don’t accept gifts, food from passengers, Police Command in Kebbi warns
- Police arrest man for allegedly defiling daughter in FCT
- First aircraft lands at new Yobe Int’l cargo airport
- Edo Govt. discharges 11 COVID-19 patients
- NSE: Market capitalisation closes upbeat, rises N53bn
- COVID-19: Navy gives palliative to another host Lagos community
- Boko Haram: Gov. Zulum pledges to rebuild houses destroyed in Gajiganna attack
- No COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit approved for use in Nigeria- Council
- Ethiopia records highest daily increase as 137 new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Kebbi commences sales of subsidised livestock feeds
- Pandemic changes Germans’ eating habits: survey
- Anniversary: Okowa thanks God, seeks prayers for victory over COVID-19
- UAE reports 638 new COVID-19 cases, 33,170 in total
- Finnish ministry wins World No Tobacco Day Award
- COVID-19: Centre sensitises people with disability on virtual communication
- Africa’s number of COVID-19 cases approaching 130,000: Africa CDC
- Int’l conference in Serbia focuses on coronavirus’ impact on global relations
- Ireland’s retail sales in April record largest monthly drop in 11 years