The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) said the Federal, States, Local Governments and other statutory recipients by the Federation Accounts and Allocation Committee (FAAC) shared N8.15 trillion in 2019.
NEITI disclosed this on it quarterly report released in Abuja, on Thursday.
It said the figure is N377billion or 4.42 per cent lower than the 2018 figure of N8.524 trillion, but N1.728 trillion or 26.92 per cent higher than the total disbursements of N6.419 trillion made in 2017.
Out of this amount, it said the Federal Government received N3.37 trillion, representing 41.4 per cent of total disbursements; the 36 states got N2.761 trillion (33.9%) while the 774 local governments shared N1.649 trillion (20.2%) of the total disbursements.
The publication which examined FAAC Disbursements to the Federal, States and Local governments in 2019, compared the disbursements of the previous years and made projections for the year 2020.
It noted that in line with the revenue sharing formula, the FG received the highest disbursements from FAAC while local governments got the lowest.
It further disclosed that revenue shared to the three tiers of government in the two previous years 2018 and 2017 followed the same pattern.
“For 2018, total disbursements to FG, states, and local governments were N3.483 trillion, N2.850 trillion, and N1.667 trillion, respectively.
“For 2017, disbursements were N2.563 trillion to FG, N1.859 trillion to states, and N1.502 trillion to local governments,” it said.
A comparative analysis of the disbursements made by FAAC to the federation in 2019 as against the sharing in the two previous years of 2017 and 2018 shows that the total disbursements to the Federal Government in 2019 were 3.08 per cent.
This, it said was lower than the disbursements in 2018, but 31.69 per cent higher than those in 2017.
Also, while the disbursements to the states in 2019 were 3.12 per cent lower than those in 2018, they were 48.54 per cent higher than those in 2017.
It noted that the scenario was the same for the local governments in 2019, as their disbursements were 1.08 per cent lower than those in 2018, but 9.75 per cent %l higher than what was recorded in 2017.
The NEITI Quarterly Review compared total FAAC disbursements between 2013 and 2019 and revealed that the total disbursements fell in three consecutive years from 2013 to 2016 and increased until 2018.
However, the report revealed that increase in total disbursements stopped in 2019, as there was a decrease in 2019 over 2018 figures.
The Report further disclosed that over the seven-year period (2013 – 2019), 2013 recorded the highest disbursements of N9.742 trillion, followed by 2014 (N8.595trillion).
” 2018 came third with N8.524 trillion while 2019 had the fourth highest disbursements of N8.147 trillion.
“During the same period (2013-2019), 2019 witnessed the lowest percentage decline in disbursements (-4.42%) while 2018 had the highest percentage increase of 32.8 per cent,” it added.
The report identified a general rising trend in FAAC disbursements from the beginning of the year till about August 2019 when disbursements either fell slightly or remained relatively stable.
These figures, the report noted, “highlighted the volatile nature of government revenue in Nigeria owing to high fluctuations in oil prices.
It added that central feature of these figures was that disbursements were higher in the second half of 2019 than the first half,” it said.
It also disaggregated disbursements to the various tiers of government.
The figures presented in the review show a wide disparity between net disbursements received by states.
It noted that Delta State received the highest disbursement of N218.58 billion.
“Put differently, if we assume that the net disbursements received by both states were fairly constant, then, the amount received by Delta State in 2019 alone can be used to cover disbursements to Osun State in nine years”, the Report further explained.
it further stated that three states received less than N40 billion, nine states received between 40 billion and 49billion while fourteen states received between 50billion and 59billion respectively.
“This is “Owed largely to the effects of 13 per cent derivation, ” it said.
The NEITI publication also highlighted other important aspects of the FAAC disbursements during the period under review.
These include significant increases in net disbursements to states between 2017 and 2018, in which Ebonyi State recorded the lowest percentage increase in net disbursements in 2017 while the highest percentage increase occurred in Osun State with 118.8 per cent increase in 2018.
For most states (28 of them), it said that the percentage increase of the 2018 disbursements over the 2017 allocations were between 30 and 49 per cent.
According to that Report,It is striking that the two states with the lowest net disbursements (Osun and Cross River) has the highest deductions (N27.19 billion and N18.55 billion respectively) after Lagos State.
“However, deductions for most states (22 of them) were below N10 billion,” It added.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp
- Turn your life into a gallery with Canon’s SELPHY SQUARE QX10
- Ministry partners transport, logistic institute to drive sector
- Teenager in court for allegedly beating friend unconscious
- Connect, share and store images and movies seamlessly with image.canon
- Security: ACOMORA urges Niger Govt. to regulate motorcycle riders
- Driver in court for allegedly stealing employer’s 50 litres of diesel
- Cruise ship coronavirus rings alarm bells; recession looms for Japan, Singapore
- Pakistan to vaccinate 40m children amid fears of polio
- Facebook looking to open content moderation for external audit
- Custom: Edo/Delta command raises N1.8b in January, targets N32b in 2020
- Transport ministry seeks approval to rehabilitate Portharcourt to Maiduguri railway
- ‘Living in Bondage’ star, Swanky drums support for ‘Asaba’ films
- Dapchi Anniversary: Buhari reiterates commitment to secure release of captives of terrorists
- Nothing will deter BMO from promoting FG’s programmes — Akinsiju
- U.S. Embassy graduates English Language Program in Tanga and Unguja
- 8 reinstated Rivers Perm Sects pleads for portfolios
- 2020 Anzisha Prize Applications launch with 10th Year Celebrations
- States in North East, North West prefer child fostering to child adoption — NAN survey
- Osimhen’s goal fails to rescue Lille as Marseille close Ligue 1 gap
- La Liga leaders Real Madrid held to draw by late Celta Vigo strike
- FC Porto forward Marega walks off pitch after racist abuse
- NPFL: Nasarawa United beat Jigawa Golden Stars 1-0
- Truck crushes one to death, injures 4 in Abuja
- Insurgency: Buratai promotes 3 soldiers for outstanding performance
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists humiliate Lobi Stars 4-0
- Lacazette ends goal drought as Arsenal crush Newcastle United 4-0
- Sylva calls for calm in Bayelsa
- NPDC emerges best Exploration, Production Company in 2019
- Kebbi BSC outclass Abuja BSC to win maiden Abuja Beach Soccer Tournament
- APC writes INEC, demands fresh governorship election in Bayelsa
- IPPIS: ASUU urges FG to adopt University Transparency/Accountability Solution
- NPFL: Akwa United end Rangers’ unbeaten run with 2-1 win in Enugu
- NPFL: Kano Pillars struggle to slim win over MFM FC
- Bauchi Speaker urges wealthy individuals to assist orphans, vulnerable children in society
- Lagos to launch maiden Eko City Farmers’ Market Feb. 23
- NPFL: Plateau United spank Dakkada FC 2-0
- Super Eagles, Leone Stars to clash in Asaba in 2021 AFCON qualifier, NFF says
- Police nab Aiye confraternity kingpin, “Samora”, in Ikorodu
- Insecurity: Gov. Masari cautions communities against reprisals
- 215 vehicles impounded, 98 people arrested and prosecuted from Ikoyi /VI Clean-Up
- Buhari, Babalakin, others mourn ex-Oyo PS, Adedigba
- Fire destroys 8 shops in Apongbon Market – LASEMA
- Ondo LG poll: Ilaje APC protests alleged imposition of candidate
- N30,000 Pension Increment: Pensioner lauds El-Rufai, urges emulation by FG, others
- Octogenarian with 3 mentally-unstable children seeks Oyo govt’s assistance
- Hit-and-run tipper driver kills 1, injures 1 in Anambra
- Addresing child adoption laws, proliferation of “baby factories” in Nigeria
- Edo Sport Festival ends with 1, 602 medals
- Imo Governorship: Uzodinma asks Supreme Court to dismiss Ihedioha’s motion
- Omoaje emerges National Chairman, as Action Alliance holds national convention
- Domestic violence: Walk away from toxic relationships, Gender activist advises women
- Son double sinks Aston Villa to send Totteham Hotspur fifth
- Ngige urges African Regional Labour Centre to adopt active policies to tackle unemployment
- 2020 UTME: 1.9m register as exercise ends Feb. 17
- Police recover 2 stolen vehicles from alleged car snatcher in Lagos
- Ayonmike, Keswani emerge winners of 10th DOAMF amateur golf tournament
- Ban on fish importation to save Nigeria over $1bn– Agropreneur
- Free medical Surgery: West African College of Surgeons treat 295 patients in Kebbi
- Pastor admonishes Christians to honour parents
- Cleric urges Nigerians to imbibe virtue of continuous thanksgiving
- Avoid leaving electric gadgets on, making calls in kitchen-expert warns
- Northern governors congratulate El-Rufai at 60
- Conquerors Ladies crowned 2020 Ghana Rugby Women's Champions
- Why I decided to stay in Ilorin as up-coming artist – Frequencie
- Revenge killings in Katsina State unacceptable, says President Buhari
- Buhari receives Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi at Aso Rock
- Violence against children impedes socio-economic dev’t – UNICEF
- Laziness, sharp practices not part of African culture, says Coalition
- Immunisation: Turnout excites Abaji Council chairman
- APC: Time for Oshiomhole to go, says party stalwart
- Kano Govt. signs MoU with TCN to boost power supply
- Gov. Sule’s aide cautions residents against dumping refuse along Karu-Abuja highway
- Pipeline vandalism: Abia NSCDC impounds 2 trucks allegedly laden with crude
- Expert suggests regular fruit intake to reduce diseases
- With self-discipline you can succeed in everything – Cleric
- Hard work ahead for SA’s Guinness PRO14 sides
- Alleged NAF killings of over 250 insurgents totally fake – Official
- Supreme Court: Group urges peace, solidarity in Imo
- Gov. Zulum visits Niger Republic, plans repatriation of 120,000 refugees
- 30 clubs jostle for Abdul-Lateef U-20 Football Competition in Oyo
- C/River Govt to revoke land titles of developers encroaching on green areas – Commissioner
- Basketball Africa League: Transcripts of NBA players’ reactions at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020)
- Kebbi Govt deploys 140 officers to evaluate teachers’ performance in primary schools
- Jigawa Govt. initiates drain, culvert projects to control flood
- Vodacom Super Rugby Review – Round 3
- Make godly, good choices in life, cleric advises Christians
- Resident Doctors decry assault on member at Jabi hospital
- Police arrests 21-year-old burglar for stealing 100 religious books in Borno
- Rotary club stages walk against child abuse, social vices in Ilorin
- Gunmen abducted perm. sec in Nasarawa – CP
- Desertification: Jigawa govt to improve nursery centres for enhanced tree seedlings production
- 2019 Army Signals’ WASA: Commander reiterates commitment to battle security challenges
- ‘Be upright, live worthy life of emulation’ – Clergy
- Buhari will not implement anti-poor policies, says BMO
- Buhari congratulates Sheik Dahiru Bauchi on Honorary Doctorate
- Basketball Africa League announces the 12 teams that will compete in Inaugural Season
- Africa: Transcript of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's Press Conference at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020)
- Okowa felicitates with el-Rufai at 60
- PSG draw 4-4 at Amiens after remarkable comeback
- Klopp sympathises with Guardiola after Manchester City’s European ban
- Twitter says Olympics, IOC accounts hacked
- Mane’s goal breaks Norwich resistance for Liverpool to go 25 points clear
- Edo State Sports Festival: Ikpoba-Oka LG emerge winners with 100 gold medals
- Transporters Day: Nestlé Nigeria meets with top logistics companies
- Honorary doctorate: Nasarawa Speaker rejoices with Sen. Al-Makura
- FULafia Convocation: 29 graduates bag First class degrees
- Expert says regular exercise elongates human life
- Beach Soccer Tournament: Abuja BSC humble Kwara BSC, to face Kebbi BSC in final
- Osinbajo, OBJ, Jonathan, govs attend funeral service of Udom’s father
- Duplantis breaks own pole vault world record
- NBBF referees’ workshop ends in Ilorin
- Monarch seeks more collaboration in fight against cultism
- Late Justice Tom Yakubu laid to rest amidst tears
- NGO calls for communities’ support to fight endemic drug abuse in Nigeria
- Commissioner tasks students on Ogun agric intervention programmes
- Insecurity: Utomi, Nwosu, others call for national dialogue
- Don’t allow pangolin to go into extinction, Expert urges African
- Fire razes 2 buildings at College of Agriculture, Lafia Fire
- Sports Minister pledges better welfare, exposure for athletes
- Pandemonium as Kwara D/Gov scampers at NIPOGA closing ceremony
- EPL: Vydra stunner gives Burnley win at Southampton
- Abuja Beach Soccer: Kebbi thrash Badagry 8-3
- Polio vaccination: Enugu targets 1.05m children
- Bandits kill 30 in 2 Katsina communities — Police
- 22-year-old jumps from Third Mainland Bridge
- Buhari promises to position universities to produce quality graduates
- FG approves N7 bn to support creative industry
- AfCFTA: Nigeria will excel in service delivery
- FRSC reiterates commitment to safety of roads in Kwara
- Ex- Lawmaker felicitates with Sen. Al-Makura over award of FULafia honorary doctorate degree.
- Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti wins 20th NIPOGA games
- Facebook CEO backs regulation of harmful online content
- UNILAG’s N419m research grants “heartwarming” — Official
- Gov. Bello urged to institutionalise reforms, address infrastructure deficit
- Pompeo contradicts Germany’s Steinmeier, says the West is winning
- Bayelsa: Ex-lawmaker tasks NASS on amendment of Electoral Act
- Ondo 2020: APC Unity Group to present consensus candidate for primaries
- Pan-Atlantic varsity seeks reporting for social change, trains 20 journalists
- Bishop Hammawa donates 2 boreholes to Taraba communities
- CSO urges speedy passage of Electoral Reforms Bill
- 15 states participate in Dambe traditional boxing in Yola
- FCTA to domesticate national teacher education policy
- Tinubu praises El-Rufai at 60
- Kaduna attacks: Senator calls for new strategies to tackle security challenges
- Environmentalist, waste manager laud LAWMA for clean Lagos
- Airlines apologise to passengers on flight delays, cancellations
- Gov. Sule urges use of Lafia Incubation Centre
- Presidency warns against inciting protests security chiefs
- Air chief charges 2,079 recruits to be resilient, tough, courageous
- Childhood Cancer Day: Foundation donates cash, advocates early diagnosis, care for children
- Gov. Oyetola congratulates El-Rufai @ 60
- Senate president felicitates with gov. El-Rufai at 60
- Multiple accident claims 7 lives, injures 10 in Ogun
- Police in Delta intercept trucks loaded with alleged stolen, vandalized items
- NGO charges families on improved parenting
- 4 African countries license Ebola vaccine- WHO
- Polio: 1.2m children to be immunised in Adamawa
- Lagos Assembly Commission appoints Lambo as Executive Secretary
- FG partners Ogun govt. on waterborne diseases
- NGO organises hypertension, diabetes screening for Lagos Island residents
- 250 gospel artistes for RCCG’s 9th Marathon Messiah Praise festival
- NFC introduces Masters degree programmes in Film Culture, Archival Studies
- Association lauds FG over dredging of Escravos channel
- Tippy tap transforms our lives for good, says Kebbi community
- Location of 2020 UTME centre excites Kwara community
- Attack on Radio Bayelsa: GM suspends 9 staff as NUJ seeks investigation
- Union insists on helmets to mitigate harm during crashes
- Akpata pledges support to victims of Kano Law School fire
- Economist tasks state govts on comparative advantage to boost their economy
- NGO raises alarm over increasing neglect of elderly
- NGO celebrates Valentine’s Day with senior citizens in Lagos
- NAYES appeals for incorporation in FG’s Community policing initiative in Nasarawa
- Nasarawa youth empowerment outfit appeals for incorporation in FG’s Community policing initiative
- Tariff increment: Ikeja Electric targets N170bn revenue in 2020
- Immunization: Jigawa Council targets 51, 316 children
- Police arrest suspected farm produce thief in Jigawa
- Gov. Ortom mourns late Bishop Adoboh, Catholic Bishop of Katsina-Ala Diocese
- 3 killed, 8 injured in road crash in Anambra -FRSC
- Buhari salutes Nasir el-Rufa’i at 60
- Communities laud FG over Ikot Ekpene Highway construction
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail: LASG to close Adejobi Street in Agege Sunday
- Step up your activities in addressing issues of overloading, Emir urges FRSC
- Wolves held at home by Foxes after VAR rules out goal
- NGO offers gifts to Orphanage to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Valentine: Agape love, best remedy in promoting unity in the country — Beauty Queen
- Buratai, strategic military leader – Uzodinma
- Intra-African Trade Fair will boost participants’ opportunities – MD
- Oyo govt. to name motor park managers in 33 LGs Monday
- Coronavirus: 46,550 confirmed cases in China as it spreads to Africa
- Kebbi Govt, World Bank to upgrade girls’ schools – Gov. Bagudu
- EFCC strengthens partnership with community, religious leaders to stem corruption
- Oyo govt. to construct new classrooms in two rural schools
- Egypt’s Zamalek win African Super Cup
- Kaduna Govt. reiterates commitment to ensuring safety of children
- NYSC, EFCC pledge to engage corps members more in fight against corruption
- Why okada, tricycle ban should be sustained
- NSCDC nabs woman over alleged illegal sale of LPG in residential area
- Man City banned from European competition for 2 seasons by UEFA
- Insurgency: Cleric urges action on reconstruction of N/East