The Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB) Unit of the Nigeria Police Force says it has opened investigation against on a former Chief of Naval Staff, retired Vice-Admiral Jubril Usman over alleged proxy ownership of three bank accounts.
DCP Mr Ben Okolo, disclosed this in response to a petition filed by the Executive Secretary of Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative (ARDI), obtained by the Nigeria News Agency on Thursday in Abuja.
recalls that the anti-corruption organization, has acted as a whistle-blower to expose graft, including the case of Justice Walter Onnoghen, a former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).
The FIB letter was titled: “Investigation Activities: Re: Petition Against Former Chief of Naval Staff, retired Vice Admiral Jubril Usman , For Suspected Illegal Ownership and Control by Proxy Of At Least Three (3) Zenith Bank Accounts Containing Funds Suspected To Be Proceeds Of Corruption’’.
The letter reads in part: “I am directed to acknowledge the receipt of your petition, dated July 29, on the above subject matter and to inform you that investigation into the case has commenced.
“Accept the warm regards of the Assistant Inspector General of Police (FIB) please’’.
Usman is currently standing trial on allegation of N600 million fraud before Justice A.S. Umar at the Federal Capital Territory High Court.
Usman, a member of the All Progressive Congress was disqualified from contesting the Governorship ticket of the party in the forthcoming Kogi governorship election.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Air operation aims to degrade Boko Haram -CAS
- Army says video of Boko Haram killing of soldiers fabrication of IPOB
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts