Speaking at the event in Lagos, Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo, the bank’s Managing Director, said N120 million would be given out to customers under the initiative.
Okonkwo, who was represented by Mrs Chijioke Ugochukwu, the bank’s Executive Director, Shared Services, said the initiative was in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) financial inclusion drive.
He said savings mobilisation was crucial to the economic growth both in Nigeria and globally.
According to him, the initiative is also aimed at encouraging the savings culture among Nigerians.
Okonkwo explained that the unveiling of the fourth season of the initiative underlined the bank’s determination to improve the standard of living of both existing and new customers.
He noted the bank as an active participation in the Nigerian economy was supporting the federal government by making savings a priority and making available critical infrastructure needed for job creation and national development.
Okonkwo said GAIM 4 was the bank’s ninth savings promo in the past 12 years.
“And as with previous exercises, GAIM 4 is an opportunity for us to use this savings campaign initiative to reward our customers for their loyalty and for their patronage.
“Even though there are some uncertainties in the economy, this is our own little way of rewarding and encouraging our customers to save.
“GAIM 4 will give out more than the previous season and as well encourage digital banking.
“N82 million will be shared to 70 winners, there will be 12 winners of two million naira, and then there will be 58 winners of one million naira,” Okonkwo said.
The managing director added that there would be six winners of three million and a grand prize of N10 million.
Also speaking, Mrs Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe, the bank’s Executive Director, Lagos and South West Directorate, said the financial institution would ensure that its customers enjoyed the best of banking services at their convenience.
Onyeali-Ikpe enjoined non-customers to open an account with the bank in order to benefit from GAIM 4 promo.
“To participate in the new promo, customers can open a savings account and grow it to N20, 000 or top up an existing account with N10, 000 or more.
“These will allow them to qualify for the monthly draws to win one million naira or two million naira, among others,” she said. (NAN)
Edited by Olawunmi Ashafa/Salif Atojoko
- Wrongful death trial over ‘Walking Dead’ stuntman begins
- Israeli parliament set to dissolve itself, head into third elections
- House Democrats announce 2 articles of impeachment against Trump
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members