The popular and well sought after ‘Soul Lounge,’ in Kubwa, Abuja was gutted by fire on Thursday.
Mathias said according to inquiries made at the scene of the fire outbreak, the cause of the fire was suspected to be from a power surge on one of the bar sockets.
“It started from one of the sockets which powered several musical gadgets,” he said.
He applauded the efforts of people at the scene who tried to quench the fire before the arrival of fire fighters.
“Efforts to put the fire under control by the crowd was impressive but it was beyond them before our arrival,” he said.
Mathias, however, said that no life was lost as fun seekers at the bar and club were quick to evacuate the scene before it escalated.
Edited by Wale Ojetimi
- Belgian tourism affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- New York officials urge stop of violence in George Floyd protests
- S. Korea reports 27 more COVID-19 cases, 11,468 in total
- New Yorkers continue to protest over George Floyd’s death
- U.S. Seattle announces curfew for weekend after protests
- S. Africa allows phased reopening of tourism amid COVID-19
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission