Three more corpses have been recovered from the flood that wrecked havoc in Rafin Sanyi in Suleja Local Government Area of Niger, bringing the death toll to 13.
The Chairman of the local government, Alhaji Abdullahi Maje, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria on Monday.
NAN reports that 10 bodies had earlier been recovered on Saturday following the torrential rains which occurred on Saturday morning in the area.
He said that the three corpses had already been deposited at the Sabon Wuse General Hospital.
He explained that 18 people were affected in the flooding; 13 had died while five are still missing.
”We appeal to members of the public, especially those residing around Unguwar Gwari and Rafin Sanyi to support and cooperate with the search team for the success of the exercise,” Maje said.
The Chairman commended the effort of security and NSEMA personnel deployed to the scene for demonstrating high sense of professionalism in the ongoing search operations.
Edited By: Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Resumption: Kogi govt. tasks heads of schools on conducive environment
- Kano Varsity promotes 17 lecturers to professors, associate professors
- KEKE Senior Grammar School, others excel in Y2020 Goveŕnors quiz competition
- Maximising the benefits of breastfeeding during COVID-19 pandemic
- Ministries of Defence, Enviroment to synergise on protection of N’Delta environment
- Sanwo-Olu pledges to revitalise agric sector
- SUNU Assurances declares N1.2bn profit
- Kogi acting CJ pledges to sustain late Ajanah’s legacies
- Abia stakeholders pass vote of no confidence in Rep. Nkole over alleged poor performance
- Edo election: Security council condemns violence – Obaseki, CP