Alhaji Aliyu Mohammed-Salihu, a former Special Adviser on Chieftaincy Affairs to Gov. AbdulFatah Ahmed, has defected to All progressives Congress (APC) along with hundreds of PDP members in Kwara
Mohammed-Salihu, who recently resigned as the Special Adviser, announced their defection while briefing newsmen in llorin on Friday.
He said their defection became imperative in view of the “monumental achievements” recorded by the APC in all facets of development.
He expressed their readiness to ensure the victory of the APC in Saturday’s Governorship and state House of Assembly elections.
“We are defecting on a positive note to contribute meaningfully to evergreen achievements of the APC aimed at improving the well-being of the people,” he said.
Receiving the defectors, the APC Chairman in Gwanara Ward, Alhaji Umar Kutosi, thanked the new members for their decision to join the party.
He assured them that all members of the party would be treated as equal in the scheme of things.
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister
- NCDC confirms 182 new cases of COVID-19, total active cases now hits 6064
- Romania to allow outdoor sports events from June 1
- Abduction: NAWOJ wants immediate release of NTA female reporter, Chinyere Okoye
- Farmers harvest wheat in the countryside of Sale, Morocco
- Brazilian president signs financial aid bill for states, cities
- U.S. president signs executive order targeting social media companies
- Israeli children play in wheat field ahead of Jewish holiday of Shavuot
- Palliative: Kano Govt begins second phase distribution of food items
- People visit traditional lantern festival in Seoul, S. Korea
- People enjoy swimming at seaside of Beirut, Lebanon
- Toronto paints circles on grass at Trinity Bellwoods Park to encourage people in physical distancing