Sen. Bode Ola, a lawmaker in the 6th Assembly and Chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti has urged President Muhammad Buhari to order the immediate release of the June 12,1993 election results annulled by the military government.
The party chieftain, who represented Ekiti Central Senatorial District disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja, during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria .
He said the release of the results would help put Nigeria’s political history and records in proper perspective and right the wrongs of the past.
He added that by authourising the release of the results, the late MKO Abiola would legally and officially be recognised as the authentic winner of the controversial election.
“President Buhari should go a step further by authorising the release of the results of the June 12 1993 elections to officially and legally authenticate M.K.O Abiola as the true winner of the contest.
“The release of the results of the election would put the country’s political history in proper perspectives and right the wrongs done to millions of Nigerians who forgot ethnic and religious affiliation to vote for M.K.O Abiola as President in the annulled 1993 polls, ” he said.
He, however, commended the president for naming the National Stadium, Abuja after the late business mogul.
Ola described the gesture as a way of immortalising Abiola’s name in the annals of the nation’s history and engraving his name as the pillar of sports in Africa.
Edited by Julius Toba-Jegede
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business