Shiloh Global Development Empowerment Foundation, an NGO, on Monday said the foundation had offered scholarship awards to no fewer than 3,500 indigent students across the country.
Mr Emmanuel Ezewuiro, President of the foundation, disclosed this at its 8th inauguration/ scholarship awards at Liberation International School, (LIS) Kubwa, Abuja.
Ezewuiro said that the foundation was offering scholarship award to 70 students of the school.
He added that the 3,500 students were from various private primary and secondary schools in the FCT and other states in the country.
The president said that his aim of offering the scholarship was to provide assistance to indigent students whom their parents could not afford to pay their school fees.
“The foundation is committed to encouraging those who are so willing to achieve the global super greatness in them but are handicapped to do so due to financial hindrance,’’ he said.
Ezewuiro advised the students to embrace their studies to enable them to excel as they are leaders of tomorrow.
He said that the organisation had not accessed any fund or financial support from any government, both federal and local, as well as international bodies.
He, however, called on the government and other relevant organisations to support the foundation to achieve the goal.
Mrs Cecilia Duniya, Proprietress of LIS, thanked the foundation for supporting the students, adding that the effort would help to reduce crime and other vices in the country.
Master Nicholas Anthony, a primary five student of the school and one of the awardees, said that the scholarship was a special gift to his family and other students as well.
Anthony also appreciated the foundation for the opportunity given to them adding that the organisation would excel in strength and grace.
“A lot of people have left school because of hardship our parents are facing but the foundation has changed the story of many people today.
“I want to say thank you to Shiloh foundation, may God continue to bless the organisation; my fellow students and I promise not to disappoint the foundation,’’ he said.
Edited & Vetted By: Donald Ugwu
- Shun evil, move closer to God for peace, unity to reign in Nigeria- Cleric urges Nigerians
- Bauchi: 1,000 exhibitors to participate in North East trade fair—-official
- NIDCOM boss applauds Nigerian martial artist, Usman for retaining UFC title
- Sokoto Govt. disburses N6.5m for free treatment of needy patients
- NNPC declares N5.20b trading surplus in August
- Don tasks Journalists on strict adherence to ethics
- IPCR wins 2019 Human Rights Award
- AC Milan do everything but score in extraordinary 0-0 draw
- Why Bank of Agriculture is still in distress-Minister
- Restrictions of Keke Napep, most difficult decision -FCT minister
- Wolfsburg stun Gladbach with stoppage-time winner
- Brace for record-setting Ronaldo as Juventus beat Udinese
- 2019/2020 NPFL Match Day 8 Results
- Cleric cautions against taking God’s blessings for granted
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline