France to host first International Dance Day celebration in Nigeria
Abuja, April 24, 2019 The French Embassy in Nigeria on Tuesday said the country was set to host the International Dance Day (IDD) celebration for the first time in Nigeria.
Ms Damilola Ayodeji, Press Attaché of the French Embassy in Nigeria, said in a statement that the celebration, scheduled to hold on Monday would strengthen bilateral relations with Nigeria.
She said that the event with the theme: ‘`Art in Public Spaces’ would be organised by the French Ministry of Culture.
According to her, it is part of efforts to build and strengthen relations with actors and stakeholders within the cultural sector.
“The French Embassy in Nigeria and the Institute of français du Nigéria are bringing the IDD celebration to Nigeria for the first time.
“IDD is celebrated every April 29 and this date coincides with the birth of Jean-Georges Noverre, the Frenchman generally recognised as the creator of modern ballet.
“IDD celebrates the universality and diversity of dance as an art form and as part of the first edition of the celebration in Nigeria.
“The Institute Français will be hosting an event in collaboration with Jemima Angulu, Director of Krump Dance Studios, who happens to be a beneficiary of this year’s Itinéraire Culture.”
She said that the event would feature panel of discussion by Wale Aleb, a contemporary dance instructor, Ms Jemima Angulu, and Nduwhite Ndubisi, Artist and Curator.
Ayodeji said that there would be screening of documentary titled, “Journey with Three Choreographers from Three Countries” on picture of contemporary dance in Africa and Dance for Change produced by Cécile Théry.
She, however, said that the event would be brought to a close with a dance performance titled textures.
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court
- Drug situation in Nigeria, public health crisis — Health Minister
- NSE All-Share Index rises by 0.44%
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units