, an official said on Thursday.
The state Sector Commander, Mr Ogbonnaya Kalu, told the Nigeria News Agency in Enugu that the command had also prosecuted 136 offenders since January.
According to him, one offender is still undergoing trial.
Kalu noted that one person could be charged with more than one offence.
The commander said that the command had produced 13, 634 vehicle licences in 2019.
” There is a tripartite arrangement in licence production; one is that an intending application must go through an approved driving school.
” From the driving school, the applicant will obtain a certificate showing that he or she has known how to drive.
”Meanwhile, every learner is expected to spend up to 26 days and, after that, proceed to the Board of Internal Revenue to obtain an application form.
” The applicant takes the form to the Vehicle Inspection Officials (VIO) for approval after which he would be issued a certificate of pass.
Kalu said that the applicant could then pay for licence.
” We have a licence for three years which costs N7,000 and the one for five years with its price as well.
” After payment, the persons’ information drops on FRSC portal; then, he goes for physical capturing and obtains his licence.
Kalu regretted that underage driving increased during festive periods, as some teenagers would want impress their peers.
He, however, told that FRSC campaigns against underage driving at churches, mosques and on redio stations was tackling the challenge.
He appealed to road users to adhere to traffic rules and regulations.
Edited by Ijeoma Popoola
- DSS cautions against inciting, unguarded statements
- Fact checking: Media expert urges journalists to shun fake news during Edo, Ondo polls
- Digital identification will fast track issuance of facilities — NIS
- India to mark Independence Day amid tight security, social distancing
- England resumes lockdown easing, stiffens punishment for rule breaches
- Ex-Edo assembly speaker seeks court’s protection over alleged planned arrest
- You must undertake to finish Evans’s case, judge tells 5th counsel
- One dies in Anambra auto accident, FRSC
- Turkey may suspend ties with UAE over Israel deal, says Erdogan
- FMC, Ebute Meta didn’t detain my wife, quadruplets over bills- Anyaegbu