Sango-Ota (Ogun), March 11, 2019 The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Itori Command, has apprehended three tricycle operators and two commercial motorcyclists that drove against traffic along Itori axis in the last one week.
Oko said the suspects were booked and asked to pay some money before undergoing two-day public enlightenment programme in FRSC office.
“This will serve as deterrent to other motorists as the time they could have used on productive activities will be used in watching video of crashes.
“Driving against traffic in the area is common among workers of the ICT Polytechnics, Itori.
“The FRSC will be going to the school during their Matriculation on Wednesday, March 13, to enlighten them on the importance of road safety,’’ he said.
The unit commander also stressed the need to enforce traffic rules and regulations to ensure sanity on Itori roads and its environs.
He advised motorists to desist from driving against traffic to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA