Dr Boboye Oyeyemi, Corps Marshal, Federal Road Safety Corps, (FRSC) has commended Gov. Bello Matawalle of Zamfara for donating two Ford Rangers to the Corps state Sector Command.
Oyeyemi praised the governor in a statement signed by the Corps Public Education Officer (CPEO), Mr Bisi Kazeem, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja.
NAN reports that Matawalle presented 200 new Toyota Hilux vehicles to all formal security agencies serving in the state to beef up their combat readiness.
He lauded the governor for his magnanimity and commitment toward eradication of road traffic crashes in the state.
He said that the donation was a demonstration of Matawalle’s love and passion for the safety of all road users.
He noted that the donation was not only in the state, but the country at large and would definitely motivate the corps personnel in putting their best to save lives on the road.
He thanked the governor for unending support and urged him not to relent in availing the corps of any necessary assistance whenever the need arose.
The FRSC boss assured the governor that the corps would put the vehicles to the best of use.
He called on the corps personnel to reciprocate the governor’s gesture with adequate maintenance of the vehicles and effective utilisation in the area of patrol operations and rescue services.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse