The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Gombe State on Wednesday presented N500,000 and properties of an accident victim, Yahaya Barambu, to his relatives.
Presenting the money ,Godwin Omiko, FRSC Sector Commander in the state said the amount was recovered when the FRSC officers went on a rescue mission after the occurrence of an accident.
“Today around 9: a.m, a water tanker driver lost control, crossed over to the other road and hit a man who is going for his business.
“Unfortunately, the victim did not survive and during the rescue, our men recovered about N500,000 along with his motorcycle,” he said.
According to him, they contacted the relatives through the mobile phone of the victim.
Yahaya Ahmed, son of the decease, thanked the FRSC for their kindness and honesty. (NAN)
- Budgetary pressure: Capital market stakeholders seek alternative funding for infrastructure development
- I-G Adamu threatens to N10bn damages suit against Sahara Reporters if…
- Nigeria stock market advances by N26bn
- Insecurity: Buhari calls for synergy among security agencies heads
- Gov Sule promises justice for family of 3-month-old baby raped in Nasarawa
- Troops deactivate 25 illegal refineries, impound 342,000 ltrs of AGO in South-South
- COVID-19: CACOVID targets 10m people with palliatives worth N23bn
- PenCom initiates process to review 2014 Pension Reform Act
- North West farmers back to work amid troops operations –DHQ
- AFAN wants FG to establish commodity board to mop-up excess farm produce