Ahmed Umar, Ogun state Sector Commander, gave the advice during a sensitisation programme with transporters and fleet operators in Abeokuta.
Umar said that passengers going to motor parks should always use face mask, adding that drivers must provide hand sanitiser for passengers to use before boarding vehicles.
The sector commander said that the command would not hesitate to offload both passengers and drivers who refused to obey the COVID -19 directives by the Federal government.
“Our men will be on the road to ensure compliance to this directives.
”They will be stopping vehicles to monitor if everybody is wearing face masks, and if any driver or passengers violate any of the rules they will be asked to end their journey there.
”Before the COVID-19, 13-seater buses carry 13 passengers, but the new arrangement now is that the buses will carry only nine passengers and the 10-seater buses, seven, two passengers per roll and the driver.
“There must also be a temperature reader at the entrance of each motor parks or terminal, to check temperature of each passengers and anybody that is observed to have high temperature should not be allowed into the motor park,” he said.
Umar said that the command was ready to ensure that all illegal parks in Ogun were abolished.
He said that all interstate travels must be initiated and registered at recognised operating parks and terminals to enable passengers screening.
“We are ready to cooperate with you to ensure that all illegal parks are abolished in the state,” he said.
Speaking, the state Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Gbenga Dairo, said he was happy with FRSC for organising the sensitisation programme.
He said that it would go a long way in reducing road crashes in the state.
Dairo said that the state government would continue to ensure that the roads were in good condition as well as providing other infrastructure in the state.
Edited By: Chidinma Agu and Isaac Ukpoju (NAN)
- 332 evacuees arrive Nigeria from London – NiDCOM
- Lewandowski dazzles as Bayern crush Chelsea to reach last eight
- Messi helps Barcelona sink Napoli to reach last 8
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Amosun pays tributes to late Kashamu
- Buhari mourns Kano businessman, Shehu Rabi’u
- Abiodun, Obasanjo mourn Kashamu
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe
- Niger Govt. seeks establishment of Naval base to tackle banditry