The state FRSC Sector Commander, Mr Abayomi Asaniyan, while briefing the Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Aminu Bunza, said that the command was doing everything possible to minimise road crashes in the state.
“Our visit is part of activities marking the 2019 World Accident Victims Remembrance Week.
“I, my staff and special marshals have come here to sympathise with victims of various road accidents; we want to urge you to always observe traffic rules and regulations to forestall further occurrences,” he said.
According to Asaniyan, the FRSC is not only for enforcement and rescue of road users, but to also follow up crash victims.
He said that the victims had spent so much on their medical bills, hence the move by the corps to donate a few items to assist them.
“The FRSC is also striving to “catch them young” with the creation of 50 more road safety club units in various schools in Kebbi State.
“The Corps is also harmonising operations of cyclists in the state with the creation of a central database for them and issuance of uniform and code to them,” he said.
The FRSC chief expressed appreciation to the hospital’s management for prompt medical attention to the victims as well as assistance from private individuals.
In his remarks, Bunza thanked the corps for choosing the hospital for the visitation, adding “here, we give FRSC rescue teams priority.
He said that the state government had, about six years ago, approved free first medical treatment for road accident victims.
Bunza said that the hospital was working on building a trauma centre for road accident victims, which would be inaugurated in 2020.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that items given to the crash victims included medical consumables and toiletries, while drugs were also donated to the hospital.
Edited by ‘Wale Sadeeq
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst