Following a two week break, Gateway United of Ogun will now resume fully on Sunday, Sept. 22, in preparation for the 2019/2020 Nigeria National League (NNL) campaign which kicks off on Nov. 1, an official has said.
The Media Officer, Moses Ojewumi, in Lagos on Thursday said that 32 players were expected to arrive camp on or before Sunday for Monday’s training which would start by 7:30a.m.
“As part of the preparations for next season’s NNL, the Akeem Busari-tutored side will participate in Gov. Dapo Abiodun pre-season tournament at the Dipo Dina Stadium, Ijebu-Ode from Sept. 24 to Sept. 30.
“The tournament will be part of the yardstick in choosing the 32 players for next season before an invitational trail for loaned-out players,” he said.
Edited by Remi Koleoso/Donald Ugwu
- Belgian tourism affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- New York officials urge stop of violence in George Floyd protests
- S. Korea reports 27 more COVID-19 cases, 11,468 in total
- New Yorkers continue to protest over George Floyd’s death
- U.S. Seattle announces curfew for weekend after protests
- S. Africa allows phased reopening of tourism amid COVID-19
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission