Electricity Generation Companies (GenCos), comprising gas-fired and hydro stations, said they released an average of 3,767 megawatts of electricity into the national grid on Friday.
This is contained in a daily energy report by the Advisory Power Team, Office of the Vice President, and made available to the Nigeria News Agency in Abuja on Saturday in Abuja.
The report said that the electricity sent out by the GenCos was up by 11.18 megawatts from the figure released on Friday.
It, however, said that 1,591 megawatts could not be generated due to unavailability of gas.
The report noted that unavailability of transmission infrastructure also accounted for non-generation of 3.0 megawatts during the period.
Similarly, it said that 2,940.60 megawatts were not generated due to high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure.
According to the report, zero (0) megawatts was recorded as losses due to water management procedures.
The report revealed that the power sector lost over N2 billion on Friday due to insufficient gas supply, distribution and transmission infrastructure.
On sector reform/activities, it said that the dominant constraint for Friday was high frequency resulting from unavailability of distribution infrastructure.
The report said that the peak generation attained on Friday was 4,691 megawatts.
Edited by Dorcas Jonah/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC