‘Farming’, the acclaimed memoir film of Nigerian-British actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, featuring Nollywood Diva Genevieve Nnaji, is to hit Cinemas on October 11,its producers has said.
News Agency of Nigeria reports that ‘Farming’ is based on the life story of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje who grew up as a young fostered Nigerian boy that struggled to find an identity in 1980’s England.
The movie is his directorial debut, and features international stars Damson Idris, Kate Beckinsale, John Dagleish, Jaime Winstone, Genevieve Nnaji, and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
It received its world premiere at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and its trailer is now released by the producers.
The plot of ‘Farming’ follows intriquing story of young Enitan (Akinnuoye-Agbaje) who was adopted by a foster British mother (Kate Beckinsale) as he struggled to cope with the harsh realities of racism at the time.
In a scene, the young Enitan tried washing off his skin colour after he was ridiculed for being too black by his adopted mum’s friends.
He went as far as painting himself white just to look and feel white and suffered several humiliations, but gradually falls deep into the bullish gang’s clique to become one of them.
NAN reports that Akinnuoye-Agbaje is a British actor and former fashion model was born in Islington, London, to Nigerian parents of Yoruba origin, who were students in the UK.
He is famous for his roles as Simon Adebisi on Oz, Nykwana Wombosi in The Bourne Identity, Kurse in Thor: The Dark World, Killer Croc in Suicide Squad.
He also played Mr. Eko on Lost, Malko in the fifth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones and Dave Duerson in the NFL biopic drama Concussion.
When Akinnuoye-Agbaje was six weeks old, his biological parents gave him up to a white working-class family in Tilbury.
It was a common practice then among Nigerian families, when parents sent young children to live in the UK with white foster parents in the hopes their children would have better lives.
Edited by Ekemini Ladejobi
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans
- Enugu Govt. targets 1 million children for Meningitis A vaccination
- Remain united, Gov. Wike urges ex-servicemen
- Border closure: Temporary pains for long term gains -presidential aide
- Yuletide: Ministry promises early completion of road repair in Edo
- Niger Insurance pays N1.4b claims in 9months, promises to settle outstanding soon
- Deafness: Specialist recommends regular check on ears
- Don lauds FG on Budget Circle
- Union seeks NASS intervention over stamp duties, fears job losses in NIPOST
- AAUA alumni inaugurates education trust fund for indigent students
- Improve your IGR, Adamu urges tertiary institutions
- Kaduna Govt. trains MDAs on key roles to achieving MDGs