German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas and Minister of Finance Olaf Scholz have reportedly declined an invitation to attend the gathering of ministers from the Group of Seven (G7) in the United States
Citing United States and German sources, Der Spiegel magazine reported that Germany told the United States administration that it would instead send state secretaries to the meeting, scheduled for July 29.
Other G7 countries were also considering sending second-tier delegates to the meeting, the magazine reported.
In May, German Chancellor Angela Merkel declined to attend the G7 summit in Washington.
Edited By: Emmanuel Yashim (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse