Police patrolling Lake Constance on Germany’s Southern border with Switzerland began the use of an airship on Wednesday to monitor public observance of the lockdown imposed to halt the spread of the coronavirus.
The airship is due to rise over the scenic lake during the coming Easter weekend, when the weather is expected to be good with temperatures reaching 22 degrees Celsius.
The Chief of police in Ravensburg to the North of the lake, Uwe Stuermer, said his officers would be able to detect larger groups gathering in contravention of the lockdown more easily from above.
However, one of the advantages of the airship is the silence in which it moves.
The Zeppelin Shipping Company in Friedrichshafen on the shores of the lake is putting an airship at the disposal of the police, who plan several flights effective from Good Friday up to Easter Monday.
Edited By: Yahaya Isah/Emmanuel Yashim
- Rwanda survivors glad of Kabuga’s capture, want trial at home
- Kyrgyzstan reports 52 new COVID-19 cases
- S. Korea reports 40 more COVID-19 cases, 11,265 in total
- Daily life in New York amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Australia faces more waves of patients amid pandemic: experts
- Key Rwandan genocide suspect to face extradition hearing in Paris
- New Zealand confirms no new case of COVID-19 for 5 consecutive days
- UNICEF appoints Cobhams Asuquo national ambassador – Official
- Around 200,000 people affected by floods in India’s Assam
- Singapore’s services industries see revenue decline 1.1 pct in Q1
- 4 laborers dead, 15 missing as boat sinks in Bangladesh
- ECOWAS Court updates its rules of procedure
- FG distributes relief items to 9,600 IDPs in Borno
- Cambodia lists 9 mountains as natural heritage sites
- Satellite herd-tracking program an “opportunity” for indigenous Australians
- Argentina sees record high COVID-19 cases amid economic uncertainty
- 90 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast: IOM
- India’s total COVID-19 cases surpass 150,000-mark as death toll rises to 4,337
- Commercial motorcyclists tested for COVID-19 in Rwanda
- Japanese police arrest suspect 10 months after deadly arson attack on Kyoto anime studio