Schult, who has won 58 caps and Olympic gold in 2016, played in the last two friendly internationals under new coach Voss-Tecklenburg.
She celebrated the domestic league and Cup double with VfL Wolfsburg last week.
But her shoulder injury could prevent the 28-year-old from being battle-ready for the World Cup in France next month.
“She has a shoulder injury. We are aware of that,” Voss-Tecklenburg told a news conference.
“It will be decided at (the training camp in Bavaria’s) Grassau whether she will play in the World Cup or not.”
“Almuth must be capable of playing in the World Cup. The injury must not affect her and she must be able to perform 100 percent. She has had problems for some time.”
Germany are still second in the FIFA rankings behind world champions U.S. and ahead of England and France, who will host the World Cup from June 7 to July 7.
They play their final warm-up game against Chile on May 30.
“We obviously want to win the group. That is our first aim.
“Then, we reach the knockout stage and, as we want to qualify for next year’s Olympics, we need to reach minimum the quarter-finals or the semi-finals (depending on the number of European teams.) This is our minimum demand,” Voss-Tecklenburg said.
The coach, who took over in November, named 23 players to the squad, while an additional five will train with them, acting as back-ups in case of last-minute injuries.
She kept a backbone of experienced players, including Olympic champions Dzsenifer Marozsan, Melanie Leupolz, Alexandra Popp, and Lena Goessling, among others, while bringing in several younger players.
“We have a good mix of experience and youth. Germany are always among the favourites.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi