) A helicopter of the Bundeswehr, the unified armed forces of Germany, crashed in Lower Saxony, killing one person and seriously injuring another, the German armed forces confirmed on Monday.
The accident happened on Monday afternoon in Aerzen District, according to local German police.
Fire had broken out around the crash site which was close to a forest area, said a spokesperson from Aerzen’s local fire brigade.
The helicopter was part of the Buekeburg Military Aviation School, the spokesperson, who was not named, confirmed.
The German training helicopter was in a low-flying exercise shortly before the crash.
Only last week, two Eurofighters of the German Armed Forces collided during air combat exercises and crashed in Mecklenburg, Western Pomerania.
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English