The number of people infected by the new coronavirus in Ghana has increased to 35,142, with 736 more infections confirmed early Thursday, said the Ghana Health Service.
It said the number of recovered and discharged cases increased to 31,286, with 665 more infected people discharged after their period of treatment.
Seven more infected persons succumbed to the ailment in the West African country, bringing its COVID-19 death toll to 175, with 3,681 active cases.
Ghana’s parliament has approved of 11.8 billion Ghana cedis (about 2 billion United States dollars) to finance the government’s increasing expenditure on the pandemic.
- Iran warns against “politicising” Beirut explosions
- German foreign minister wants South Korean participation in G7 summit
- Truck kills 2 undergraduates in Ekiti
- Blasphemy: Court sentences man to death by hanging in Kano
- Non-contact sports: Coaches, sports enthusiasts want sports centres reopened
- NTTF considers organising 2020 Nigeria Open before end of year
- Kaduna Govt sets Aug. 18, deadline for submission of 2021 expenditure proposals
- Abia APC Caucus expresses satisfaction with Buhari’s administration performance
- eTransact, Niger Insurance notify shareholders of delayed submission of financials
- Political Scientist urges Edo politicians to play games according to rules