Actress Naya Rivera, who played Santana Lopez in the hit TV musical show “Glee,” was missing feared drowned on Wednesday at Lake Piru, California, authorities said.
Ventura County Sheriff’s office said late on Wednesday it had identified the missing person as Naya Rivera and a search and rescue operation would continue in the morning.
Rivera, 33, had rented a boat in the early afternoon along with her four-year-old son, CBS Los Angeles reported, citing the sheriff’s department.
Her child was found alone in the boat about three hours later by an another boater, but was said to be unharmed, the report said.
The child told investigators that he and his mother were swimming, but his mother never got back into the boat, it added.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Amotekun commander solicits Ondo monarchs’, residents’ support
- Actualising Life’s dreams entails strong determination, says Nollywood actor
- National gas transportation network code to go-live Monday — Official
- Mauritius declares state of emergency on environment after oil spill
- United States imposes sanctions on Central African rebel leader
- Lebanese judge orders detention of top officials after port blast
- FG evacuates 325 more Nigerians from United States in 6th special flight
- Italy extends coronavirus restrictions, allows cruise ships to sail
- Cuba keeps Havana airport closed as coronavirus cases spike
- Nigeria: NCDC announces 443 new COVID-19 cases, total infections now 45,687