The World Health Organization (WHO) reported a record increase in global coronavirus cases on Sunday, with the total rising by 230,370 in 24 hours.
The biggest increases were from the United States, Brazil, India and South Africa, according to a daily report.
The previous WHO record for new cases was 228,102 on July 10. Deaths remained steady at about 5,000 a day.
Global coronavirus cases were approaching 13 million on Sunday, according to a Reuters tally, marking another milestone in the spread of the disease that has killed more than 565,000 people in seven months.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara/Ejike Obeta (NAN)
- I will continue to ensure peace in Edo, Gov. Obaseki assures traditional ruler
- COVID-19 positive cases gradually coming down – PTF Coordinator
- Ex-Federal lawmaker constructs blocks of classrooms for 2 schools in Lagos
- Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu promises community development
- Edo election: APC ward chairman dumps party for PDP
- COVID-19: Five states account for 60% of cases – PTF
- FG inaugurates Gas Network Code to deepen gas market
- Police nab fake soldier in Delta
- Gunmen kills 13 villagers in Benue – Police
- Civil servants docked over alleged cybercrime, get N10m bail