Gombe gov-elect promises people oriented programmes
Gombe, March 11, 2019, Alhaji Inuwa Yahaya, Gombe State Governor-Elect on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has thanked the people of the state for believing in his proposed people oriented programmes and electing him.
Yahaya, who spoke with newsmen in Gombe on Monday, said that his administration would focus on all aspects of human development.
He listed his proposed programmes to improved health care, education and agriculture, which he said were aimed at improving the life of the common man.
The governor-elect also pledged to focus on the rural areas with specific attention to agriculture development.
“I am going to prioritise these areas to bring the best out of Gombe State, which in turn will increase the level of development of the State,’’ he said.
Yahaya expressed appreciation to the people of the state for the tremendous support they gave the APC, which made them clinch all the Senatorial and National Assembly seats in the state.
“I appreciate the people for making it possible for me to emerge victorious, as well as the APC for winning 20 out of the 24 seats of Gombe State House of Assembly,’’ he said.
According to him, his administration will improve on the welfare of the security outfits and also provide employment opportunities for the teeming youths in Gombe State.
He further assured the people that he would provide portable water by improving the capacity of Dadin-Kowa Water Supply.
“The moment I assume office, I will address a lot of issues through my people oriented programmes,’’ Yahaya said.
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units
- Kebbi Govt. sets up health committee to humanitarian crisis
- Igboeze South LG spends N250m to construct 1.5km road, others
- Customers express concerns on implementation of e-bills by Ikeja Electric
- DMO puts Nigeria’s debt profile at N25.7 trn
- 34 Ijegun residents benefit free medical surgeries, 350 from eye screening
- Zidane defends Bale after flag criticism
- Insecurity: Ex-Police I-G Abubakar calls for synergy between security agencies
- Buhari receives NIPSS Report on Universal Healthcare, pledges action
- 2 protesters killed, 25 injured in Baghdad unrest
- Banky W announce return to music with new album in 2020
- Liverpool manager Klopp sweating on Salah fitness ahead of Palace trip
- Navy hands over smuggled rice, vegetable oil to customs
- Market closure: We lost over N500m, Kaduna traders cry out
- China reiterates commitment to cultural relations with Nigeria
- NPC begins 2019 VASA survey in Gombe, solicits stakeholders’ support
- Wellness expert advises Nigerians on healthy lifestyle to reduce stress
- Hong Kong mask ban temporarily returns as court reviews law
- 1072 persons benefits from Foundation’s free eye care in Edo
- 2 car dealers docked over alleged N800, 000 fraud
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to promote faith in Buddhist Thailand
- Polio immunisation: Kano targets over 3m children -Commissioner
- Man in court for allegedly stealing snail, bitter cola
- NGO trains 50 litreracy facilitators in Ebonyi
- Traditional ruler appeals to FG to accord priority to roads across Nigeria
- Agege council to build artistes’ village to engage talented youths
- Yuletide: Enugu CP urges synergy among security agencies