The people of Enugu State, especially residents of Enugu metropolis, have been called upon to rally round Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State to deliver more democracy dividends.
The traditional ruler of Nkporogw Ukehe Autonomous Community in Igbo Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu state, Chief Nickolas Ojike , made the call while speaking with Nigeria News Agency in Enugu on Monday.
Ojike who poured encomiums on the governor over his performance, said that he had performed creditably well in all sectors, adding that Enugu people were all witnesses to his achievements since he assumed office in 2015.
The royal father noted that Ugwuanyi had achieved a great deal in the areas of road rehabilitation and construction, Education, Health as well as Judiciary.
He thanked the governor for prompt payment of workers’ salaries, pensions, traders, women, youth empowerment among others.
“Workers and pensioners are paid regularly before the 25th of every month. Women and youths are receiving skills acquisition training and they are equipped to become employers of labour,” he said.
Ojike particularly applauded Ugwuanyi for his commitment to the security of lives and property of the people especially with the establishment of the Forest Guards.
He said the governor had strengthened the neighbourhood watch and vigilance groups, equipped of the security agencies with patrol vans and security gadgets to ensure that the state was safe for residents and investors.
The monarch described the governor as God sent to the people of Enugu state who always listened to the cries of his people.
Edited by: Chioma Ugboma/Donald Ugwu
- COVID-19: Ooni urges Africans to contribute to global development
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria