Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara on Tuesday announced the appointment of former Kwara Football Academy Administrator Kunbi Titiloye as the new chairman of Kwara United.
The Governor also dissolved the board of the state football club Kwara United led by Prince Oladimeji Thompson.
He also approved the appointment of Hamidu Olowo (Kwara Central) as the secretary, according to a statement by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Mamman Jibril.
Other members are Bashir Badawi from Kwara South as the General Manager; Yahaya Jibril Usman (Kwara North) as Team Manager; AbdulKadir M. Saheed (Kwara North) as Welfare Officer; Hamid Alege Olarewaju (Kwara Central) as member; and Ajadi B. Ganiyu (Kwara South) as member.
“The appointment of the chairman and members is based on their good track records in football administration and passion for sports development,” the statement added.
It said the appointment of the seven-man board took immediate effect.
Edited by Donald Ugwu
- COVID-19: NYSC offers free medical treatment to 1,000 IDPs in Borno
- People wear face mask in Berlin, Germany
- Gov. Sule restates determination to reform public service
- Federal lawmaker commends Gov. Abdulrazaq, says first one year ” impressive “
- Germans more worried about economy than health during COVID-19 crisis
- Hungary to launch national consultation on measures to restart economy
- LGA polls in Benue, Police deploys 5,200 personnel
- Environmentalists canvass enforcement of ecosystem laws
- COVID-19: AKTH reopens speciality clinics June 1
- Sudden downpour hits Manila, the Philippines
- Turkey’s mosques reopen as part of normalization from COVID-19
- It has been 365 days of excellence – Kwara 1st Lady
- COVID-19: Group urges govt. to consider PWDs during planning
- Italian economy could shrink up to 13 %, central banker says
- Start of trading of African Continent Free Trade Area likely to be postponed
- Japanese city in middle of 2nd wave of COVID-19 infections: mayor
- UK police arrest 650 gang members in major crime-busting drive
- Group lauds Kaduna community engagement in social register enrollment
- Slovenia’s GDP down 2.3 pct in Q1 2020
- Bauchi Commissioner urges follow-up on Child Birth Spacing