Gov. Abubakar Bello of Niger has urged the people of the state to vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Saturday’s Governorship and State House of Assembly elections.
Bello made the call on Saturday during a rally held at the Government House in Minna by the Buhari Support Organisation led by its state Coordinator, Malam Umaru Shuaibu.
The governor said: “On behalf of the state government, I appreciate the support given to the APC in the Presidential and National Assembly elections which the party won in the state.
“We want you to continue to vote for the APC, especially in next Saturday’s governorship and state assembly elections.
“You should not relax because President Muhammedu Buhari has won the election, but come out en masse to vote for the APC.’’
Bello, who was represented by Alhaji Ibrahim Balarabe, the state Commissioner for Works, noted that the APC was known for promoting truth in governance.
“A vote for the APC is a vote for transparency to liberate out society from lies and darkness,’’ he said.
Shuaibu, in his remarks, said that the rally was to appreciate the electorate for re-electing Buhari.
He enjoined the people of Niger to also re-elect the governor and the 27 members of the State Assembly on the platform of the party.
“If you elect the APC in the state on Saturday, we will reciprocate by delivering dividends of democracy to you,” he said.
Earlier, Alhaji Suleiman Yusuf, the Director General of Abubakar Bello Re-election Organisation, said all the National Assembly members from the state were voted for on the platform of the APC.
He urged the people to vote for the party in order to receive a better deal from the Federal Government. (NNN)
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA
- U.S calls for peaceful, free, transparent elections in Kogi, Bayelsa
- Buhari greets Wazirin Dutse, Bashir Dalhatu, at 70
- New Federal Polytechnic Daura to begin operation in 2019/2020 academic – NBTE boss