Gov. Abubakar Bello of Niger has called for improved synergy between the executives and legislatures for development of states and the country as a whole.
Bello made the call during the official unveiling of Strategic Senatorial Action Plan of Sen. Sani Musa, representing Niger East Senatorial District in Minna on Sunday.
He noted that improved relationship between the two organs of government would avail state governments the opportunity to get what was due to them from the National Assembly.
”This plan will go a long way to improve synergy between the government and the National Assembly,” he said.
He, however, appealed to the Senate to set up a committee that would help in regulating weight of articulated trucks in the country carrying loads above the approved standard.
Bello disclosed that the state government had expended huge amount of money in fixing damaged federal roads across the state as a result of the number of trucks plying the roads.
“I appeal to the National Assembly to have a special committee for tankers and trucks carrying above 30,000 litres of fuel so as to reduce the weight on our roads,” he said.
Earlier, Musa promised to prioritise provision of quality education, healthcare services, youth employment among others in his constituency.
He gave assurance to operate an open-door policy and called on members of his constituency to give him maximum support to enable him fulfil his campaign promises.
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth