By Muhammad Auwal
Bindow gave the warning at the 20th year anniversary of Islamic Development Centre (IDC) on Saturday in Yola.
He also advised them to desist from making unpleasant comments on their leaders especially on the social media platforms.
“We should be very careful and cautious about the way and manner our youths are abusing leaders on social media platforms.
“The social media platforms should be regarded as means of enlightenment, development, education and peaceful coexistence in the society.
“But it is unfortunate that today in Nigeria almost 90 per cent of those on social media platforms are using it negatively either to blackmail or cause unrest,’’ Bindow said.
He also advised the Federal Government to sanitise the system and called on those involved in negative acts to desist from such.
In his address, Umar Muhammad, the Ameer of the Centre, said the centre was established 20 years ago.
Muhammad said that the centre had within the last years fostered peace, progress and unity among Muslims and their neighbours.
“The centre has since its establishment in 1998 served as the channel of communication and understanding between Muslims and non –Muslims,’’ he said. (NNN)
Edited by Edwin Nwachukwu and Abdullahi Yusuf
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study