Gov. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe, on Wednesday commiserated with the government and people of Borno, over the death of Dr Babagana Wakil, Chief of Staff to Gov. Babagana Zulum.
In a statement through his Director-General, Press and Media Affairs, Mamman Mohammed, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Damaturu, the governor described the death of the late COS as a painful loss to Zulum, the government and people of both Borno and Yobe.
According to him, Borno and Yobe remain one, saying, “every misfortune that affects one, affects the other”.
He said the deceased was a complete gentleman who lived a life of service to humanity.
“Dr Babagana Wakil was a complete gentleman, a thorough breed, dedicated public officer and an accomplished administrator,” Buni said.
The governor prayed Almighty God to forgive his shortcomings and grant him eternal rest.
He also prayed that God grants his family, government and the people of Borno, the fortitude to bear the pains of his demise.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey (NAN)
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- U.N. agencies scramble to support Beirut blast victims
- FCT court convicts Naira Marley for violation of Covid-19 protocol
- Association stresses advantages of breastfeeding babies
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- A’Ibom Gov. resolves 3-year-old chieftaincy tussle in Eket
- Petrol tanker claims 1 life in Lagos, says LASEMA
- Lagos NMA elects Adenekan as new Chairman