Mr Miebi Bribena, United Nations Peace Ambassador, on Sunday expressed confidence in the capacity of Gov. Douye Diri to make Bayelsa one of the leading economies in the country.
Bribena who spoke on Diri’s leadership style on the sidelines of his 61st birthday anniversary, called on the people of the state to be patient and as well support his laudable programmes.
He said the state would leverage on the enormous fertile arable land as well as the rich biodiversity of its water resources.
Bribena, a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), explained that the state’s policy of economic diversification would boost the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
He added that it would make the state less dependent on Federal Government allocation.
He described the governor as an astute politician whose steadfastness, maturity, understanding and peace-loving nature had endeared him to the hearts of the people of the people.
Bribena expressed delight over the governor’s extreme simplicity as well as his charismatic personality.
Bribena acknowledged Diri’s contributions to the socio- economic development of Bayelsa in his over 100 days in office.
- Female senator donates 21 trailer-load of fertilisers to Adamawa farmers
- Military allays fear over alleged Al-Qaeda, ISIS inroad to Nigeria
- NCPC partners CAN, JNI to end Southern Kaduna killings
- COVID-19: PTF approves gradual reopening of international flights
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- COVID-19: Kogi Govt fumigates schools ahead of resumption on Aug. 10
- Gov Ikpeazu calls for Federal Secretariat in Abia
- Asaba Airport to resume operation soon – Delta SSG
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- NCC tasks ICT reporters to work in synergy with Commission