Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufia on Thursday in Kaduna, commended the 1 Division of the Nigerian Army for its role in the fight against crime in the state.
El-Rufia made the commendation at the closing ceremony of the division’s Inter Brigade Officers Combat Proficiency Competition at the Ribadu Cantonment.
Represented by Mr Samuel Aruwan, Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, the governor said the army had remained a principal ally in the fight against crime.
He said the army had played crucial roles in the fight against armed robbery, banditry, kidnapping and other criminal activities in the State.
“Nobody can doubt the efforts made by Nigerian Army and 1 Division in particular in the fight against terrorism and other public disturbances in our state.
“As a state government, we shall continue to support the security agencies in order to maintain the successes attained so far,” he said.
El-Rufai further said that the support of the army in fighting crime had immensely paved the way for economic growth and social development in the state.
“We are aware that in carrying out these operations some have even paid the supreme price, I once again condole the Nigerian Army for these loses.
“I pray that that the families of those gallant heroes will have the fortitude to bear the loses,” he said.
Earlier, Maj.-Gen Yahaya Faruk, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, said the competition was aimed at improving the combat proficiency of Junior officers.
He also said the exercise would enhance leadership skills as well as promote organizational ability, team work and endurance.
Faruk explained that the competition was in line with the Chief of Army Staff’s vision for a professionally responsive Nigerian Army.
NAN reports that prizes were given to individuals who performed creditably well in the competition.
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture
- Navy employs weight control mechanism to promote fitness
- Exhibit more political will in tackling nation’s security challenges, Cleric advises FG
- Gospel singer charges youths to start small, be humble
- Yuletide: Curfew, ban of fireworks still effective in Borno -Police