Kaduna, March 11, 2019 Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai has been re-elected as governor of Kaduna State for the second term in office.
Announcing the result on Monday in Kaduna, the State Returning Officer, Prof. Muhammed Yahuza Bello said, El-Rufai, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, scored 1,045,427 votes to emerge winner.
“Bello said Malam Nasiru El-Rufai haven fulfilled all the requirements of the law, and scored the highest votes is hereby declared winner of the Kaduna State governorship election.””
Bello said the APC won in 14 LGs while the PDP won in nine LGs that make up 23 LGs in the State.
According to him, the APC won in Ikara,Kubau,Makarfi, Kudan , Giwa, Kauru and Soba local government areas.
The APC also won in Lere, Birnin Gwari, Kaduna North and Sabon Gari, Igabi, Kaduna South, Zaria LGs.
While the opposition PDP won in nine local government areas, including Kajuru,Kaura, Jaba, Kachia, Zango Kataf, Sanga, Kagarko, Jema’a and Chikun LGAs.
The results are as follows:
1.Ikara Local government
2.Kubau Local government
3.Kajuru Local government
4.Kaura Local government:
5.Makarfi local government:
6.Jaba Local government:
7.Kudan Local government:
8.Giwa Local government
9.Kauru Local government
10.Kachia Local government
11. Soba Local government
12.Sanga Local Government
13. Zango Kataf Local Government
14 Kaduna North Local Government
15.Birnin Gwari Local Government
16.Chikun Local Government
APC 24, 262
PDP 86, 251
17.Sabon Gari Local Government
18.Lere Local Government
19. Jema’a Local Government
20. Kagarko Local government
21.Kaduna South Local government
PDP 31, 429
22.Igabi Local government
PDP 37, 948
23.Zaria Local government
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that 38 political parties fielded candidates the Kaduna State Governorship poll.
NNN reports that the ruling APC, the PDP, PRP, SDP and APGA were most prominent among the Political Parties participated in the March 9poll in the state.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies