Kaduna, March 11, 2019 Gov. Nasiru El-Rufai has been re-elected as governor of Kaduna State for the second term in office.
Announcing the result on Monday in Kaduna, the State Returning Officer, Prof. Muhammed Yahuza Bello said, El-Rufai, the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, scored 1,045,427 votes to emerge winner.
He said the candidate, Alhaji Isah Ashiru of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scored 814,168 votes
“Bello said Malam Nasiru El-Rufai haven fulfilled all the requirements of the law, and scored the highest votes is hereby declared winner of the Kaduna State governorship election.””
Bello said the APC won in 14 LGs while the PDP won in nine LGs that make up 23 LGs in the State.
According to him, the APC won in Ikara,Kubau,Makarfi, Kudan , Giwa, Kauru and Soba local government areas.
The APC also won in Lere, Birnin Gwari, Kaduna North and Sabon Gari, Igabi, Kaduna South, Zaria LGs.
While the opposition PDP won in nine local government areas, including Kajuru,Kaura, Jaba, Kachia, Zango Kataf, Sanga, Kagarko, Jema’a and Chikun LGAs.
The results are as follows:
1.Ikara Local government
2.Kubau Local government
3.Kajuru Local government
4.Kaura Local government:
5.Makarfi local government:
6.Jaba Local government:
7.Kudan Local government:
8.Giwa Local government
9.Kauru Local government
10.Kachia Local government
11. Soba Local government
12.Sanga Local Government
13. Zango Kataf Local Government
14 Kaduna North Local Government
15.Birnin Gwari Local Government
16.Chikun Local Government
APC 24, 262
PDP 86, 251
17.Sabon Gari Local Government
18.Lere Local Government
19. Jema’a Local Government
20. Kagarko Local government
21.Kaduna South Local government
PDP 31, 429
22.Igabi Local government
PDP 37, 948
23.Zaria Local government
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that 38 political parties fielded candidates the Kaduna State Governorship poll.
NNN reports that the ruling APC, the PDP, PRP, SDP and APGA were most prominent among the Political Parties participated in the March 9poll in the state.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- 17 suspected sea pirates nabbed in Rivers
- UEFA likely to fast-track competitions in one venue, Getafe president says
- Ethiopian security forces committed 39 extrajudicial killings- Amnesty
- Senate President appoints Fema Special Assistant on Sports Development
- Ondo Assembly calls for review of oil palm company policies
- Malaysia reports 103 new COVID-19 cases, 7,732 in total
- COVID-19: C/River govt. seeks financial support from FG, others
- Spain to relax restrictions from Monday
- India hits record 7,466 cases daily virus infections, Official says
- S. African gov’t unveils guidelines for religious gatherings amid pandemic
- S.Africa to open up economy from June under eased lockdown regulations
- Indian PM meets home minister as 4th phase of COVID-19 lockdown nears completion
- NEMA distributes relief materials to 478 victims of banditry in Sokoto
- France’s Renault to slash around 15,000 jobs worldwide
- Excited Plateau rural community celebrates first borehole
- COVID-19: AMAC Chairman donates 3 months salary for council wage bill
- COVID-19: Group calls for intensified prayers to end virus
- World Bank approves 500 mln USD to help Philippines mitigate impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- Workers work at garment factory in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Japan’s unemployment rate hits 2-year high in April due to pandemic