Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom has cautioned all Commissioners, Special Advisers, Members of Boards and Commissions, Special Assistants and other Personal Aides from granting press interviews without permission from the governor.
The Secretary to the State Government, Dr Emmanuel Ekuwem gave the directive in a statement made available to newsmen in Uyo on Wednesday.
According to him, the directive is part of efforts to streamline and ensure a coordinated approach to information management and dissemination in the state.
“The Akwa Ibom State Government has directed that all government functionaries, including Commissioners, Special Advisers, Members of Boards and Commissions, Special Assistants and other Personal Aides of the Governor, should henceforth desist from granting press interviews without the permission of Gov. Mr Udom Emmanuel.
“The Commissioner for Information and Strategy as well as the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor are exempted from this directive.
“They will continue to carry out their functions accordingly as the spokespersons to the State Government and the Governor respectively,” Ekuwem said.
He explained that the directive was with immediate effect. ( NNN)
- Dismissed policeman in court over alleged extortion
- FEATURE: Governorship election: Checking violence, disruption in Kogi
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons