Gov. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom on Wednesday donated an Hyundai Elantra car to the Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State Council, Comrade Amos Etuk.
The donation was in fulfillment of the promise the governor made to Etuk when he hosted members of the pen profession in Uyo in 2019.
The governor was represented by Mr Bartholomew Akpan, the Transport Officer in the office of the Secretary to the state government.
“I gave the Chairman of NUJ a car gift on the request he made during the last media get-together in Uyo,” the governor said.
In his response, Etuk expressed appreciation to God Almighty and thanked the governor for his benevolence.
“I thank God for this Grace. I respectfully appreciate His Excellency, Gov. Udom Emmanuel, for this gesture of love and I am very appreciative,” he said.
Etuk said that the media in Akwa Ibom would continue to set the agenda of development journalism and would remain strategic partners in the development of the Akwa Project.
Edited by: Razak Owolabi/Donald Ugwu
Watch Live News
- COVID – 19: FG grants amnesty to 217 inmates in Adamawa
- COVID-19: AfDB offers multifaceted approach to Nigeria for quick enomic recovery
- Agency launches telemedicine project to support fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19: Governors to use relevant data for palliatives distribution
- Lagos seeks compliance with social distancing rules at emergency markets
- COVID-19: Free electricity for 2 months to be paid by FG
- COVID-19: Food dealers lament stringent restrictions at Enugu/Anambra border
- Easter: A’Ibom govt relaxes restriction order
- Nigeria making progress in rice production, processing – AfDB
- Belarus club puts virtual fans in homeground stands to fight virus