Gov. Ikpeazu dissolves cabinet, retains six commissioners
Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia has dissolved the state executive council.
Mr Enyinnaya Appolos, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, in a statement,
said that six out of the 27 commissioners were not affected by the dissolution.
He listed them as: Chief Eziuche Ubani, Commissioner for Works; Chief John Okiyi-Kalu, Commissioner for Information, and Dr Aham Uko, Commissioner for Environment.
Others are Mr Obinna Oriaku, Commissioner for Finance, Dr John Ahukannah, Commissioner for Health and Chief Umeh Kalu, the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.
He said that the state government sincerely appreciated the members of the dissolved executive council for their service to the state.
The outgoing commissioners were directed to hand over state government property in their possession to the permanent secretaries of their various ministries.
News Agency of Nigeria recalls that Ikpeazu was reelected for a second term.
- India to mark Independence Day amid tight security, social distancing
- England resumes lockdown easing, stiffens punishment for rule breaches
- Ex-Edo assembly speaker seeks court’s protection over alleged planned arrest
- You must undertake to finish Evans’s case, judge tells 5th counsel
- One dies in Anambra auto accident, FRSC
- Turkey may suspend ties with UAE over Israel deal, says Erdogan
- FMC, Ebute Meta didn’t detain my wife, quadruplets over bills- Anyaegbu
- 4 killed in small plane crash in eastern DR Congo – Governor
- WASSCE: School leaders in Ibadan express views
- Edo governorship election: INEC trains visually impaired on use of braille ballot guide