Dr Iheanacho Ihim, Speaker, Imo House of Assembly has said that there was no impeachment process against Gov. Rochas Okorocha.
Ihim, who made the clarification in a statement signed by Mr Marcel Ekwezuo, his Chief Press Secretary min Owerrin on Friday, said the governor had carried out his duties within the full provisions of the law.
He described as misleading, insinuations in some quarters that some members of the House had contemplated instituting impeachment process against the governor.
“His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha, has so far conducted himself and steered the administrative machinery of Imo within the most perceived and glaring ambits of the law.
“No member of the Imo House of Assembly has contemplated, even remotely, the misleading allegation of his impeachment charge,“ he said.
According to him, the impeachment procedure of any state Governor is a constitutional matter, but added that it is neither done surreptitiously nor stealthily.
“It is an act done in the open; and no member of the State Assembly has any knowledge of the fictitious and imaginary said impeachment procedure.”
He condemned the originators of the news and enjoined the state government and the general public to disregard the allegations.
“It beats my imagination how an obscure and imaginary television station operating outside the shores of Imo state could be the harbinger of a story of such magnitude. There is a plethora of refined, reliable and reputable mass media in Imo.“
“Such fake news and other morally degenerate stories are the stock in trade of that lowly rated and generally unknown, non conventional television station.
“I enjoin the relevant publics and government of Imo to discountenance the falsehood of Gov. Okorocha’s alleged impeachment for what it is – a lie from the pit of hell.” (NNN)
- Austria to pay artists 1,000 euros a month to weather Covid-19 crisis
- Akande emerges Chairman of Ibadan LG Properties Company
- Buhari hails Consul-General Godwin Adama at 60
- Navy appoints 110 senior officers
- Labour, Civil Society flays deduction of salaries of workers, pensioners by Kaduna Govt, other States
- Gov Okowa’s wife donates food items to 5 correctional centres
- COVID-19: We’ve yet to receive promised ventilators from U.S. – Minister
- OYO APC inaugurates Alao-Akala led reconciliation committee
- Ibadan Poly manufactures ventilator, hand washing machine
- COVID-19: NCDC striving to increase PCR capacity for testing across Nigeria – DG
- FG approves police reorganisation, additional department, zonal commands
- COVID-19: NYSC corps members to wed by 5 a.m to avoid crowd
- COVID19: PTF to conclude assessment in 70 hours
- Sokoto, other attacks: Buhari directs fierce military operations
- Lagos Govt. to begin construction of Fashion Hub, Academy in Ikorodu
- May 29: PMB, Gov. Sule addressing developmental challenges – Speaker
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13km Abakpa-Emene link road
- Facebook German privacy case referred to European Court
- Gov. Ugwuanyi inaugurates 13-kilometre road in Enugu East council
- Lagos govt says Lekki Free Trade Zone exported $30m goods in one year