Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, the wife, Edith and daughter on Tuesday tested negative for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, made this known in a statement in Asaba.
He said that the other members of the First Family also tested negative to the virus.
The spokesman noted that the governor and his wife tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and had gone into isolation for necessary treatment.
Ifeajika stated that their daughter had tested positive for the virus a few days earlier, thereby causing the entire family to proceed on isolation.
On recovery, the governor gave God all the glory and praise and expressed appreciation to all Deltans and other Nigerians, who interceded for the family in prayers.
Okowa had appealed to all residents in the state to obey all instructions and regulations targeted at combating and stemming the transmission of COVID-19 in the state.
Edited By: Folorunso Poroye/Felix Ajide (NAN)
- Political Scientist urges Edo politicians to play games according to rules
- Celtic given tricky tie in UEFA Champions League qualifiers, Red Star drawn away
- COVID-19: NITDA assures school of support on robot innovation
- Britain’s Prime Minister criticises new wave of migrant boat crossings
- Borussia Dortmund’s Sancho off to pre-season camp amid transfer speculation
- Alleged Insubordination : Nasarawa Assembly suspends LG boss
- JAMB says varsities, polytechnics, others can start Post-UTME test Sept. 7
- Man docked over alleged N2.4m land fraud
- COVID-19 mortality cases rise to 200 in Lagos
- Gov. AbdulRazaq congratulates Olofa at 57