till further notice.”
Other measures announced by the governor to contain the ravaging viral infection included suspension of all public gatherings till further notice.
He, however, explained that marriage ceremonies, community festivals, funerals and religious meetings (Churches and Mosques) were not to exceed 30 persons.
The governor also directed all commercial vehicles traveling in and out of the state, as well as those traveling from one local government area to another within the state to submit manifest of their passengers to the appropriate authorities.
” The manifest must contain information about the passengers’ names, phone numbers, residential addresses and final destination.
” Tricycles also known as ‘Keke NAPEP’ should not convey more than two passengers at a time.
” Township and mini buses should not convey more than seven passengers at a time.
” Commercial motorcycles also known as ‘Okada’ should convey one person at a time and wear face mask.
” Importantly, all commercial vehicles, tricycles, motorcycles must have hand sanitisers for the use of passengers,” he said.
The governor, who also announced the “immediate closure of all markets”, however, exempted shops and commodity stores.
He also placed a ban on all night clubs till further notice, while bars and restaurants were directed to render take-away services only and
“must provide hand sanitisers and soap with water for customers’ use”.
Ortom enjoined all people to act as information officers for COVID-19 by passing relevant verified information from the authorities to others.
He said the state government has organized a one-day refresher seminar for all health workers to prepare them for the challenges ahead.
The governor announced the provision of Six ambulances and Hilux vehicles for use by the State Emergency Response Team (SERT) to enhance its operations.
He also announced the release of the sum N60 million for the fight against the dreaded virus in the state and pledged to inaugurate Local Government COVID-19 Action Committees on Monday to enforce its border closure.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the state government had earlier closed down all schools in the state.
Edited By: Isaac Ukpoju
- Buhari salutes Chief Edwin Clark at 93
- Chile’s LATAM airline files for bankruptcy after COVID-19 decimates sales
- Adewumi’s appointment as KWASU Chancellor, step in right direction – VC
- Cross River Government to commence enforcement of `wrong parking’ from June 1
- Tor Tiv lauds Hausa community over peace efforts in Benue
- Support industrialization policy of Gov. Sule; Aide urges Nasarawa people
- Olympic champ Kipruto in training targets Continental Tour success
- Qatar reports 1,742 new COVID-19 infections, 47,207 in total
- Expert urges govt to simplify port processes to reduce cost
- COVID-19: Bayelsa govt sends 25 samples daily to UPTH for testing – official
- Russia not to be hysterical about U.S. exit from Open Skies treaty: FM
- Iran expects greater performance from Swiss payment channel
- Malls to reopen early June as Indonesia seeks to pick up in economic activities
- Heed NCDC guidelines on Edo, Ondo governorship polls, Group urges INEC
- CEO of Abuja-based NGO calls for inclusion of moral,folktales education in online lessons
- COVID-19: Film censors board adopts virtual censorship for Nollywood
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Children’s Day: Ex-lawmaker urges proper upbringing of children
- Olympic champ Kipruto in training, targets Continental Tour success
- Sales of new vehicles in Lebanon drop by 69 pct in first four months of 2020