Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue has warned those involved in crime in the state to refrain from such nefarious activities or have the long arm of the law catch up with them.
Ortom gave the warning on Tuesday in Makurdi while briefing newsmen after the State Security Council Meeting.
The governor said there was no hiding place for them in the state hence the need to desist forthwith from indulging in criminal activities.
He said that the security operatives in the state were fully prepared to go after criminals and fish them out wherever they might be hiding.
“I call on the public to support the security agencies by providing useful information that will enable them apprehend criminals.
“I also call on stakeholders to come together so that we can fight criminality in the state.
“Government and security operatives alone cannot do it. We need cooperation from all and sundry in order to surmount the ugly challenge,” he said.
The governor commended all the security operatives in the state for fighting criminality head on, stressing that their synergy had paid off greatly.
“Anybody that will provide useful information that will lead to the arrest of the most wanted criminal in Benue, Terwase Agwaza, popularly known as Gana, will be handsomely rewarded with N50 million.
“We are ready to give the money to whoever will make useful information available that will enable the security agencies apprehend Agwaza,” he said.
The governor commended the council chairmen for their efforts in tackling criminality in their areas.
He particularly appreciated the chairman of Ado local council for taking proactive steps that brought about peace in the area.
Ortom enjoined other chairmen to emulate the council boss for the overall good of the state.
Edited /Oluwole Sogunle
- FG open to development, distribution of COVID-19 vaccine—Osinbajo
- Kwara Govt tasks principals on compliance with COVID-19 guidelines
- 8,323 Anambra indigenes to benefit from FG cash transfer programme-DG
- COVID-19: CACOVID donates food items to Yobe govt.
- Ogbomoso community commends Buhari for honouring late premier
- NEPZA mulls incentives, loans for enterprises in Free Trade Zones
- Bauchi Emir reinstates Bello Kirfi as Waziri of Bauchi
- Police arrest 45 suspects for various offences in Borno
- Dubai Tourism didn’t ban Nigerians from UAE- Official
- Coalition decries attack on Gov. Zulum’s convoy