The governor, represented by his Chief of Staff, Dr Charles Akinola, asked them to be committed to national development and contribute their quota to the development of the state in the areas of education, healthcare service delivery and social development.
“I want you to be committed to the scheme and the country, doing only things capable of promoting peace and unity in the communities where you are posted to.
“Do not look down on the people of your host communities but rather love them and do them good at all times.
“Stay apolitical and do not get involved in activities capable of jeopardising your security and peaceful coexistence in your host communities.
“Shun the ‘get rich quick’ syndrome and rather work hard and diligently towards becoming someone you, your family, the society and younger generation can be proud of.
Mr Adegoke Ayodele, the State Coordinator of NYSC in Osun in his address, said the corps members were given postings to their places of primary assignments with the aim of instilling a sense of responsibility and duty in them.
Ayodele said the posting would provide them with a platform through which their expertise would be harnessed and channelled towards national development.
He, however, urged the corps members to accept their postings in good faith, saying that failure to do so, would attract sanctions. (NAN)
Edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Yemi Idris-Aduloju
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings
- Turkey tells countries to take back their own Islamic State fighters