In a statement in Abuja on Monday, Mr Celestine Toruka, Head, Media and Public Relations of Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (ICPC) said the launch took place at Chapel of Christ the Light Church, Alausa, Ikeja.
Sanwo-Olu urged the 2019 security committee for the pilgrimage to identify pilgrims who had the potential to abscond.
He congratulated the intending pilgrims from Lagos State for their bold initiative to embark on holy pilgrimage to strengthen their faith in the Lord.
He said that by 2020 the state would surpass the record of this year in terms of pilgrimage support and development.
The governor described pilgrimage as a spiritual journey that transforms life the lives of pilgrims urged the intending pilgrims to thank God for considering them worthy to re-examine their lives.
He said “it is an opportunity for you to increase your faith and it will be an opportunity to fellowship with other Christians.
The Governorv advised the intending pilgrims never to think of absconding in Israel and to be worthy ambassadors of Nigeria and Lagos State.
The Acting Executive Secretary of NCPC, Mrs Esther Kwaghe, expressed appreciation to President Muhammadu Buhari for approving all the requests of the commission for the 2019 general pilgrimage.
Kwaghe stated that the launch would remain a special day in the life of ICPC, adding
that the commission had put in place all necessary arrangements for a hitch free pilgrimage for the year.
She said the commission would continue to strive to ensure no one absconded and urged the intending pilgrims to resist the temptation of absconding during the pilgrimage.
She commended the Lagos State Government for allowing the commission to host the pilgrimage launch in the state.
Kwaghe further advised the intending pilgrims to examine their lives and go to them pilgrimage with the mind of prayer.
The Chairman, NCPC, Rev. Yomi Kasali, charged the intending pilgrims to project Nigeria well abroad and at all times. .
Edited & Vetted By: Chukwudi Ekezie
- Border closure not breaching free trade agreement, FG says
- Expert wants establishment of mini grid system to address power supply challenges
- ¬ Ondo Assembly condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Cleric tasks churches on security measures to check attacks
- Greater Lagos 2020 festival begins Dec. 25 – LASG
- Klopp says VAR has changed his touchline behaviour
- Patronise our national parks during the Yuletide — Conservator-General urges
- Osaka picks Belgian Fissette as new coach
- Buhari rejoices with ex-Gov. Ajimobi at 70
- Draws decided for FCT football league second round
- Sen. Tofowomo condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Sanwo-Olu’s aides decry low production of coconuts in Badagry
- Support your husbands in securing Nigerians, Oyo CP urges POWA members
- Yuletide: Ex-Senate President Mark urges prayers for peace, progress
- Yuletide: Cleric cautions transporters against hiking transport fare
- Gov. Bello inaugurates N500m World Bank community micro projects in Kogi
- Impounded trucks: Iponri Police Station authorities adamant on illegal parking
- Emirate Council dismisses 2 District Heads for disloyalty in Kano state
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak