He explained that the appointment of Tijjani-Ahmed was based on his competence and track records.
Sule offered the clarification on Saturday in Nasarawa at a reception in honour of the SSG organised by his friends and associates.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the reception was also organised in honour of the governor and Sen. Tanko Al-Makura for appointing Tijjani-Ahmed as SSG and for Al-Makura’s developmental strides in the area.
Sule, who urged the people of the state to see the SSG’s appointment as the will of God, also enjoined them to dispel rumours that he had taken directive from somewhere over the appointment.
“With my experience, I know who is competent to handle a particular job.
“The appointment of my SSG is based on competence, loyalty and experience, among other good qualities.
“When he was in the race of the senate to represent Nasarawa West, in the interest of the party, they told him to step down and he (SSG) stepped down honourably, ” he said.
Sule promised to focus on developmental politics in order to improve on the lives of the people of the state.
He added that his policies were geared toward employment generation so as to improve on the lives of the people of the state.
The governor called on the people of the state to support his administration in order to take the state to the next level of development.
Also speakings, Dr Abdul Bulama and Prof. Suleiman Mohammed, former minister of Science and Technology, and Vice Chancellor, Nasarawa state Univeristy, Keffi, respectively, described the appointee as man of intergrity.
They urged the state government to continue to deliver good polices and programmes that would improve the lives of its citizenry.
Earlier, Mr Sabo Ishak, the Chairman of the Organising Committee, said that the reception was organised in honour of Tijjani-Ahmed on his appointment.
“We saw the need to honour and specially thank his Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi A. Sule, for the singular honour done us by appointing our own as SSG.
“We also saw the need to honour Sen. Umaru Al-Makura, former governor of the state for the numerous developmental strides particularly in Nasarawa Local Government Area and Nasarawa state at large,” he said.
The chairman of the organising committee pledged their total support and loyalty to the state government.
NAN also reports that Sule, Al-Makura and Tijjani-Ahmed recieved awards of execellence during the reception.
- U.S-based Nigerian musician involved in accident to undergo another surgery
- Catholic Bishop of Lafia tasks Nigerians on God’s grace
- FMN to invest N34bn in host community development
- Suspension: Turkish Airlines pledges to freight leftover passengers baggage before Dec. 17
- Six DisCos may evade NERC’s sanction after complying with remittance directive
- Music Review: Reekado Banks puts out unimpressive remix to hit song, ‘Rora’
- Kano State Govt. names Kofar Mata flyover after Sheikh Qaribullah Nasiru Kabara
- Experts predict massive growth for Nigerian board game industry
- NAN BoxOffice Review: ‘Your Excellency’ is a bunch of Instagram skits, not a movie
- Taskforce set to remove illegal structures in Lekki from Dec. 21
- Gov. Ganduje promises to continue working for development of Kano state
- Catholic cleric preaches act of giving
- Niger urges residents to take ownership of urban policy
- Be mindful of who to engage as domestic personnel, ex-Police Affairs Minister cautions
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency