Gov. Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for the beginning of work on the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano Gas Pipeline (AKKP) projects.
Sule gave the commendation in a statement signed by Ibrahim Addra, his Chief Press Secretary (CPS), and made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Lafia.
The governor described the project as key infrastructure that would boost economic activities across the country.
“I am convinced that the Buhari-led administration has the capacity and commitment to deliver on the 614km pipeline developed to transport natural gas from the South to the central part of Nigeria.
“It is important that the multiplier effect of the project is the needed catalyst to revive industries that will create wealth and reduce unemployment in the country,” Sule said.
On the Ajaokuta Steel project, Sule said the completion of the project would have positive impact on the nation’s economy.
The AKKP project, part of Trans Nigeria Gas Pipeline project, is planned to transport natural gas from Ajaokuta in Kogi to Kano, passing through many states and urban centres.
Edited By: Oluyinka Fadare/Ejike Obeta (NAN)
- Al-Qaeda penetration alert: FG appeals to developed nations on needed platforms
- Nasarawa by-election: Police command deploys 491 personnel
- Lagos: Health Service Commission staff bags 2019 excellent Award
- Mrs El-Rufai canvasses public support for exclusive breastfeeding
- Making strong, safe LPG cylinders locally, my greatest joy, says industrialist
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- U.N. agencies scramble to support Beirut blast victims
- FCT court convicts Naira Marley for violation of Covid-19 protocol
- Association stresses advantages of breastfeeding babies
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims