Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State on Wednesday called on citizens of the state to be more vigilant in the quest to boost security of lives and property.
Tambuwal made the call in a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Malam Muhammed Bello.
The governor spoke when he paid a condolence visit to a state legislator, Habibu Modaci, who lost his father at Modaci village in Isa Local Government Area.
”To be vigilant in your respective areas will boost the efforts of the government in further tackling the recurring insecurity challenges in the area,” Tambuwal said.
The governor, however, cautioned the citizens against taking the law into their hands.
He urged the citizens to hand over a criminal when apprehended to the security agents for them to take proper action.
Tambuwal said that governments at all levels were making efforts to bring lasting solutions to security challenges.
The governor further urged the people to always intensify fervent prayers for peaceful coexistence and sustainable socio-economic development of the state.
He condoled the people of the area on the demise of Alhaji Halilu Modaci, father of a serving member of the state House of Assembly.
He prayed that Allah would grant the deceased Aljanna Firdausi and give the bereaved family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.
Edited By: Debo Oshundun/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse